Oman Air, National Carrier of Oman and one of the leading airline in Middle East made strategic plan 2012 to exploit the e-business and capitalize on potential of web channel.
The main challenge was to have a CMS to take care of the growing need of the Airline Web Portal with Multi Region, Multi Language, Multi Sites for different divisions etc. Along with the CMS challenges, Oman Air was very keen to conceptualize the information architecture, layouts and navigations to provide better user experience for different stake holders of the site.
Aufait proposed Drupal based Open Source CMS framework for managing Oman Air web portal. This facilitated features including:
- Developed a Scalable CMS
- Multi Language Version of the Portal
- Regional Sites
- Sub-sites for divisions like Holidays, Catering, Frequent Flyers, Cargo etc
- Customized Workflow for authoring and publishing of the content
- Active Directory Integration
- Integration with different third party airline service providers like, Sabre Booking Engine, Amadeus Loyalty Program, Payment Gateways, Customer Complaint Management System etc.
- Helped to promote Oman Air brand globally
- Revenue increased
- Cost effective and user friendly solution for CMS which manages more than 10,000 pages spread across different languages